Creation of a Cartographic Database of the Republic of Uzbekistan Based on GIS
GIS is a powerful tool for managing water resources, especially for creating a register of water bodies, assessing the status, quality and volume of water resources. With the help of GIS, it is also possible to carry out the calculation and modeling of hydraulic structures, to protect water resources. Therefore, the creation of cartographic databases of water management is a very relevant topic for the development of water management in general.
The following activities were implemented as part of the Project Terms of Reference:
- the collection and analysis of existing cartographic data of irrigation facilities, reservoirs, hydraulic structures, pumping stations and other water management facilities was carried out;
- statistics were collected on the types of water facilities (reservoir, canals, waterworks, pumping stations, wells, etc.);
- a thematic map of water management was created using ArcGIS software;
- the data on the characteristics of the objects was entered into the computer memory;
- a system of conventional signs has been developed for each water management facility;
- work has been done on preparing the map for publication;
- training of water workers from all regions of the Republic of Uzbekistan was conducted.
Client: Ministry of Water Resources of the Republic of Uzbekistan